Is your otherwise healthy baby keeping you up all night? If so, you’re exhausted and so are they.
Sleep training won’t hurt your baby physically or emotionally. There are plenty of research and studies conducted that support sleep training. Most parents who sleep train their children are very glad they did and wondered why didn’t they do this sooner! The additional sleep they get helps them be the best possible parents for their family.
Sleep deprivation hurts your ability to be a great parent. Why?
When we’re tired we aren’t as patient or in tune with our children’s needs. We certainly aren’t as much fun as well. Ongoing lack of sleep also puts parents at risk for depression and affects their concentration level especially when they are on the road.
Given this, sleep training isn’t a selfish move – it’s one that parents make with their child’s best interests at heart.
But the decision to sleep train is one only you and your partner can make. Sometimes the more fearful you are, the more you should probably do it and get your questions answered to address any concerns you may have. Ultimately you know your baby best – trust your instincts. The best investment you can make is in yourself.
The very best time to sleep train is when YOU are ready to make a change. Sleep training has as much to do with your level of commitment as it does with your child’s readiness.
Sleep training takes time and effort, but the rewards you will reap are unmatched. Before starting, it may help to ask yourself these important questions:
- What does my schedule look like for the next few weeks? Are there any events, trips, etc. that might disrupt the process?
- Am I confident in the method that I am choosing to use, and am I confident that I can handle all the nuances that will come with my particular child?
- Am I ready to completely commit to the process for at least 2-4 weeks to help lay a strong foundation?
- Is my whole family on board with making a change to our sleep situation?
- Am I willing to make the changes necessary to achieve my goals?
If you are ready to embark on sleep training, I wish you all the best in this journey. It’s really the best thing you will ever do as a parent. I can assure you this and a lot of my clients will also agree with me. Check out the link here to my clients’ success stories.
If you decide you might need more coaching and guidance, not to worry, we have our dream team and myself ready to serve you and guide you every step of the way.
All we need is for you to be coachable.