Babies, especially newborns, need to have their scheduled feeds and it can seem like a difficult task to wake your sleeping child. So how do we do it?
Here are some tips for waking up your little one:
- Enter quietly and leave the lights off.
- Have milk ready and offer full fed.
- Light stroke their back and head.
- Wait till they move up to pick up.
- Expose them to natural lights by opening the curtains
- Give gentle pressure to their hands or feet
- Wipe their faces with a clean towel
Use these tips to help your baby make a smooth transition from sleep to wakefulness.
Is your little one overtired, making it tough for you to wake him/her? If you are in this situation and struggling with your child’s sleep, let’s have a chat! Book a FREE discovery call today!