4 Days 3 Nights Penang Itinerary
Arrival in Penang and trying the best Char Kueh Tiow
Shopping in Prangin Mall and strolling in Armenian Park and KTV
Taste the famous Lean Huat Hokkien prawn noodle, cheesecake at Moody Cow Dessert Cafe and foot massages at Kaki Spa
Pitt Street Kueh Teow Thng for kueh tiow soup, another CKT at Tiger Char Kway Teow and shopping at Gurney Plaza
The trip of a lifetime for my good friends and I.
We have been saying for ages that we should have this girlie trip together but you know how’s life like – you get a job, you get married, have a baby and then have more babies along the way – you just can’t seem to find a suitable time to get everyone together.
So after knowing each other for more than 2 decades, we finally got our act together and make time for our first ever trip together to Penang.
It was a fun, memorable trip filled with lots and lots of good food (we were eating almost every hour during the day) laughter, teasing and even a little bit of drama to spice up our lives.
I am so glad we made time for each other because gems may be precious but good old friends are priceless.
Below is our itinerary
Day 1 – Arrival in Penang and trying the best Char Kueh Tiow
Day 2 – Shopping in Prangin Mall and strolling in Armenian Park and KTV
After so much eating, it was time to go get some shopping done at Prangin Mall. We basically just shopped at Magic Boo cause my friends wanted to get some hair products.
As though the big breakfast in the morning wasn’t enough, my friends decided to go to Macalister Durian Corner to try the famous Black Thorn which is originated from Penang. However since durian season was almost over, the BT we wanted was too expensive and it wasn’t that great – so we opted for something cheaper.
After that we went to Lorong Selamat for the famous CKT with big prawns. Then we went to New World Park Food Court to try some assam laksa.
From there we headed to China House which is located at 153 Beach Street. It’s the longest cafe in Penang measuring approx 120 meters from one end to the other end. It has a very artsy fartsy vibes to it. It offers a huge selection of cakes but I was too full to have any of it. My friends did order a tiramisu cake and they said it was delicious.
Right at the end of the cafe, we found a nice serene garden with fancy mural on the wall. Definitely a good backdrop for more Instagram worthy shots…
After China House, we went for a walk around Penang’s famous street art in Armenian Park. Thanks to the visionary Penang Municipal Council who hired graffiti genius Ernest Zacharevic on 2012, it really help transformed George Town and made the murals on the wall world famous and it was even featured in Lonely Planet’s Street Art edition.
We managed to take pics at two of the world’s most famous mural by Ernest Zacharevic: Kids on Bike and Boy on a Chair.
Day 3 – Taste the famous Lean Huat Hokkien prawn noodle, cheesecake at Moody Cow Dessert Cafe and foot massages at Kaki Spa
Day 4 – Pitt Street Kueh Teow Thng for kueh tiow soup, another CKT at Tiger Char Kway Teow and shopping at Gurney Plaza
So that CKT was the final brunch menu for us in this Penang trip. We started with CKT and ended with CKT too. A fitting end to our 4 days and 3 nights girls trip to Penang.
We went shopping later at Gurney Plaza before we checked out from our hotel to head straight to the airport. It took about 40 mins drive from our hotel to the airport.
I really enjoyed this girlie makan trip with my good friends. Penang was a good short getaway for all of us. If you are thinking of a great place to have the best time with your girlfriends, I would highly suggest for you to check out Penang. It’s extremely affordable, it has the most amazing and the most delicious street food, it’s so easy to Grab everywhere and the people are really warm and friendly.
Now here’s the list of all the food (makan) places we went for your quick easy reference:
- Siam Road Char Kueh Tiow – 82, Jalan Siam, George Town, 10400 George Town
- Penang Road Famous Teochew Cendol – Jalan Penang, 27 & 29, Lebuh Keng Kwee, George Town, 10450 George Town
- Sim Kim San Coffeeshop for lobak, lala and or chien – Jalan Rangoon, George Town, 10400 George Town
- The 12 Senses for the hidden bar and cocktails with live music – 12, Lebuh Presgrave, George Town, 10300 George Town
- Mandarin Cafe for Hokkien noodle and CKT – 1 N, Lorong Delima 3, Taman Island Glades, 11700 Jelutong
- Genting Cafe for chee cheong fun – Lorong Delima 3, Taman Island Glades, 11700 Jelutong
- Ti Shen Fresh Soybean Tau Fu Fah – 2 Lorong Delima 6, 11600, Georgetown
- Macalister Durian Corner – Jalan Macalister, George Town, 11400 George Town
- Lorong Selamat Char Kueh Tiow – 82, Lorong Selamat, George Town, 10400 George Town,
- New World Park – for assam laksa -There are lots of stalls here which you can try – quite a clean and newer food court -New World Park, 102, Jalan Burma, George Town, 10050 George Town
- China House for the desserts, cakes and coffee and just a nice place to chill – 153, Beach St, Georgetown, 10300 George Town
- Red Box Karaoke – serves buffet dinner too – 1st Avenue, 182 Jalan Magazine, 10300 Georgetown
- Swee Kong Coffeeshop for the appom and hokkien noodles – 232, Jalan Burma, George Town, 10350 George Town
- Moody Cow Dessert Cafe for the amazing cheesecakes – 170, Jalan Transfer, George Town, 10050 George Town,
- Pasar Air Itam Assam Laksa – 1, Jalan Pasar, Pekan Ayer Itam, 11500 Ayer Itam
- Deen Maju for Nasi Kandar – 170 Jalan Gurdwara (Brick Kiln Road) 10300 Penang
- Restoran Old Green House for the prawn mee, Bak Kut Teh and CKT – 223, Jalan Burma, George Town, 10050 George Town
- Pitt Street Kueh Tiow Thng for the eel fish balls noodles – 183, Lebuh Carnarvon, George Town, 10100 George Town,
- Tua Pui Curry Mee – 23, Lebuh Kimberley, George Town, 10100 George Town
- Tiger Char Kueh Tiow – 179, Lebuh Carnarvon, George Town, 10450 George Town,